Sumary of The #1 Best Breakfast for a Healthy Gut, Say Dietitians:
- Breakfast foods come in all forms, flavors, and textures, but there are certain ingredients we should all be incorporating to boost our gut health.
- Some may like sweet while othxers prefer savory, and the good news is there are gut health-promoting foods on all ends of the flavor spectrum, and they don’t take loads of time and effort to prepare.
- There are many breakfast items that can contribute to a healthy gut, but there are three components of a healthy breakfast that make it better for gut health: fiber, probiotics, and fluids.
- To hit all three, we recommend combining a bowl of oatmeal and diced apples (fiber) with a scoop of yogurt (probiotics) and a warm glass of tea (fluids) on the side.
- Here’s more about why fiber, probiotics, and fluids are the best ingredients to include in your breakfast for a healthy gut.
- And for more on what to do to support gut health, check out The 6 Best Foods to Improve Your Gut Health and Prevent Diabetes, Biochemist Says.
- Probiotic ShutterstockNow that you’ve consumed prebiotics, it is important to ensure you are consuming probiotics as well.
- Probiotics can be found in yogurt, kefir, kimchi, sauerkraut, and kombucha.