Sumary of The #1 Best Food to Eat for Vitamin D, Says Dietitian:
- Not only is it an essential nutrient needed to keep your bones, teeth, and muscles strong and healthy, but it’s also linked to immune support—which is particularly important during flu season.
- According to Amy Goodson, MS, RD, CSSD, LD, member of our medical expert board and author of The Sports Nutrition Playbook, spending 15 to 20 minutes in the sun, with a good amount of your skin exposed, is the best way to activate vitamin D.
- However, remembering to consistently get the proper amount of sun for healthy Vitamin D production can often be forgotten.
- If you’re wondering if this could be you, check out Sure Signs You’re Lacking in Vitamin D, Say Experts.
- RELATED: Sign up for our newsletter to get healthy eating tips straight to your inbox!
- Thus, many experts, like Goodson, recommend getting vitamin D from food instead.