Sumary of Vitamin B12 deficiency symptoms: ‘Gastrointestinal abnormalities’ you’ll encounter:
- Megaloblastic anaemia is a condition whereby the bone marrow produces usually large, structurally abnormal, immature red blood cells that aren’t able to transport oxygen effectively around the body.
- According to the National Organisation of Rare Disorders (NORD) (even though a vitamin B12 deficiency is common), gastrointestinal abnormalities include diarrhoea.
- Another gastrointestinal abnormality you might experience includes nausea (i.
- A lack of healthy red blood cells can also make some people lose their appetite.
- As the nerve cells in the brain become more affected, a vitamin B12 deficiency can lead to:DepressionInsomniaPanic attacks.