Sumary of Zinc-Rich Diet: Expert Shares All About Zinc; Best Food Options to Avoid Zinc Deficiency:
- Our immune systems have been designed in way that it can fight off foreign cells to protect us against various allergies and illnesses.
- As COVID-19 has impacted major geographies across the world including India, emphasis on immunity boosting through either diets or supplements has been emphasized more than ever before.
- D, Zinc is another element that has been identified as essential mineral to our immune systems.
- Zinc is vital for more than 300 enzymes in the body, plays a key role in protein synthesis, wound healing, DNA synthesis, cell division and is required for proper sense of taste and smell.
- Global research has also found that zinc may help in these situations:Shorten the common coldTreat hypothyroidismImprove immune systemSupport wound healingImprove digestive healthFend off heart problemsImprove eye &
- According to the World Health Organization (WHO), about 800,000 people die annually due to zinc deficiency, of which 450,000 are children under the age of five.
- India is among the nations with the most zinc-deficient agricultural soils-and the average deficiency is around 40%, impacting the yield and quality of crops, which is adversely affecting the human health leading to micronutrient malnutrition.
- Zinc deficiencies have been linked to poor immune function which makes human body prone to oxidant stress, increased inflammatory process, and life-threatening situations, as well as premature cell death at the cellular and sub-cellular levels.