Sumary of 5 non-invasive ways to relieve low back pain:
- Low back pain can come in a variety of forms from sharp and stabbing to dull and aching, says Thomas Schuler, MD, a spine surgeon with the Virginia Spine Institute and chairman of the National Spine Health Foundation’s Medical &
- A common cause of low back pain is muscle strain resulting from a reduced range of motion in the spine.
- Below are five examples of how to relieve low back pain, naturally.
- 1. Correct your posture Poor posture can cause pain by increasing strain in your back muscles and placing unnecessary pressure on the lower disks in your spine.
- 2. Try physical therapy Physical therapy is proven to help relieve low back pain, and the sooner you start, the better.
- A large 2018 study found that patients who received physical therapy within three days of a referral had the lowest low back pain-related health care costs over the following year compared to patients who received physical therapy later on.
- Exercises for low back pain Exercises for low back pain involve improving flexibility and strength in the spine.
- Pull your belly button toward your spine and keep that position for 5 seconds.