Sumary of 6 warning signs you’re working out too much, and what to do about it:
- Working out too much can delay fitness progress or even undermine strength and muscle gains.
- Overtraining can hurt your fitness progress and increase risk of injury, especially when you’re a fitness beginner, according to Chris Duffin, a world record-holding powerlifter and co-founder of Kabuki Strength.
- You’re working out hard, but not making strength or muscle gains One huge red flag that you’re exercising too much is that you’ve stopped seeing progress.
- You can’t finish the workout or lift the same weight you used to If you don’t listen to your body, you could actually start to lose some of your hard-earned strength gains.
- For instance, you may not be able to squat as low, or correctly hold a weight in front rack position.