Sumary of Amp up your workout gear with a weighted vest! Here’s how you can use it:
- These vests are usually available in three types – shoulder holster, tactical, and torso-covering: Shoulder holsterBuilt like a hydration pack with a buckle.
- Torso-covering vestsThey cover only the chest and consist of velcro straps.
- Research by ‘Medicine and Science in Sports and Exercise’, suggests that weighted vests help with calorie burning and improves metabolic response.
- Improves bone formation Research published by the Journal of Osteoporosis and Physical Activity revealed that training with a weighted vest results in increased bone formation and controls reduction in bone mineral density.
- Avoid bone-related issues by working out with a weighted vest.