Sumary of An Olympic weightlifter said he doesn’t bench press because the exercise restricts his shoulder mobility:
- Chinese weightlifter Lü Xiaojun is an Olympic gold medallist and five-time world champion.
- Champion weightlifter Lü Xiaojun said he rarely trains bench press.
- Xiaojun said bench press, strict press, and push press are his weakest lifts, and he doesn’t train them often.
- ” According to Mike Matthews of Legion Athletics, incorrect bench press form, or focusing too much on the chest without also training the back, can indeed lead to shoulder problems, and trainer Sean De Wispelaere told Men’s Health that bad form is usually the cause of issues.
- Xiaojun said that some people find it difficult to lock out their shoulders when performing chest press movements.
- However, Xiaojun, who weighs 81kg (179lbs), said he can still bench around 130kg (287lbs).
- Bench press is still a beneficial exercise Despite Xiaojun’s experience as a professional athlete, the bench press is still a beneficial movement, particularly for people who want to build muscle or burn fat.