Sumary of Bob Mortimer health: ‘I’m falling to pieces’ – Comedian on his debilitating condition:
- Following on from his surgery Paul and Bob planned the popular BBC fishing programme as a therapy plan as Paul had also suffered with heart problems.
- Talking to Teeside Live he said: “My heart attack doesn’t impinge on my life at all, but it’s my f** joints that do!
- Rheumatoid arthritis is a long-term condition that causes pain, swelling and stiffness in the joints.
- Bob commented: “Rheumatoid arthritis generally happens when your immune system attacks your joints, but I’ve had it attack my iris.
- ”In his true funny-man nature he added: “I got eye-arthritis,” and proceeded to burst into fits of laughter.
- After his heart surgery and the ongoing joint pain Bob has had no choice but to significantly cut back on the amount of work he takes on.
- “I’ve a couple of fishing programmes to do and they modify what we film because of my weakness in fishing and my weakness of knees and my prostate!
- I hardly do any exercise because of my arthritis and my joints.