Sumary of Drinking two coffees and two teas a day may cut risk of stroke and dementia:
- Participants who drank two coffees and two teas daily were a third less likely to suffer a stroke, results showed.
- But the team, led by Dr Yuan Zhang, admitted the findings may have been down to chance, insisting the clearest link was for numerous hot drinks.
- They said: ‘Our findings suggested moderate consumption of coffee/tea separately, or in combination, were associated with lower risk of stroke and dementia.
- BENEFITS OF DRINKING COFFEE Caffeine has been deemed safe for consumption in doses of up to 400 mg per day for the general population.
- Studies suggest it can have a variety of health benefits, including combating liver disease and type two diabetes.
- Research has even suggested it could even help people live longer.
- It is the world’s most widely consumed stimulant and reports show it can boost daily energy expenditure by around five per cent.
- Researchers have said combining two to four daily coffees with regular exercise would be even more effective at keeping the weight off.