Sumary of High cholesterol: The ‘fun activity’ that could lower levels and boost longevity – key tip:
- High cholesterol is a fatty molecule found in the body, lodged in plaque in the arteries.
- The amount of cholesterol in the blood is affected mainly by dietary saturated fat found in animal products.
- One preventative measure for the condition is physical activity, and researchers have determined that dancing could effectively lower blood lipid profiles.
- The study suggests dancing regimens could have credible benefits in lowering the lipid profile and functional fitness of postmenopausal women.
- High cholesterol triggers inflammation and the release of certain hormones causing blood vessels to constrict.