Sumary of I trained with Crossfit star Sara Sigmundsdottir for just 20 minutes, and she kicked my butt even though I work out 6 days a week:
- I worked out with top CrossFit athlete Sara Sigmundsdottir at WIT Training in London.
- I trained one-on-one with Sigmundsdottir for 20 minutes, and she absolutely annihilated me — despite still recovering from the devastating ACL injury which stopped her from competing in the 2021 CrossFit Games.
- CrossFit encompasses a range of disciplines, requiring strength, speed, endurance, agility, and more.
- Sigmundsdottir, now 28, took up the sport at the age of 17, and went on to finish 3rd at the CrossFit Games in 2015 and 2016.I didn’t find out until after our workout that the Icelandic CrossFitter had already trained for three to four hours that day.
- Sara Sigmundsdottir is one of CrossFit’s most popular athletesSigmundsdottir is currently in London to launch her first activewear collection with WIT Fitness, which is designed to help women embrace their strength and made with fabric to give muscles breathing room, she told me.
- A post shared by Sara Sigmundsdóttir (@sarasigmunds) With 1.8 million Instagram followers, 28-year-old Sigmundsdottir is one of the most popular faces in the sport, despite having not made it to the CrossFit Games podium for five years due to various injuries and setbacks.
- I’ve dabbled in CrossFit workouts, but it’s not my main way of training.
- Kate Burton The workout was an AMRAP — as many rounds as possible — consisting of four exercises, divided into four four-minute chunks, with a minute of rest in between:16 calories on a rowing machine16 handstand walks8 burpees16 weighted walking lungesThe idea is you just keep going, getting through as many rounds as you can.