Sumary of Is it too hot to exercise? The 5 steps to exercise safely in heat:
- Exercise is important to the proper functioning of your body, keeping fit, healthy and destressing.
- READ MORE- Do not open windows when it’s hot – Dr Mark’s health warningDrink upDon’t let yourself get dehydrated in a heatwave, whether you’re working out or not.
- Rosie said: “Keep your fluid intake high – this means sipping water regularly throughout the workout.
- “Increase the amount of water you consume after your workout and keep it going throughout the day.
- ”Pregnant and postnatal women in particular need to keep their fluids high, and if you’re breastfeeding you’re providing liquid for the baby as well as nourishing yourself, so you really need to double up on your water intake.