Sumary of Letters: Polio vaccine shows way to beat COVID-19; Unvaccinated risk freedom of others; Who’s really hurting state’s economy?:
- Theo Hufen Kaimuki Unvaccinated risk freedom of others Now we are facing a pandemic of the unvaccinated.
- Beyond any legitimate medical or religious reasons, some individuals refuse public-health measures because it restricts their freedom.
- If they contract the virus, then they are free to become severely ill, potentially suffer long-term health problems if they survive, and maybe die — their free choice.
- There are, however, extremely serious problems with exercising such freedom.
- In various ways, by exercising their freedom, they seriously diminish the freedom of many others and may cause deaths.
- A national public health emergency should take priority over individual freedom.
- Rising numbers of COVID-19 delta variant cases are flooding our hospitals and morgues, forcing our leaders to reimpose preventative social distancing restrictions.