Sumary of Pumping pumpkins? Olympic star Usain Bolt shares pre-workout food:
- Training to compete in the Olympics puts plenty of strain on athletes, mentally and physically.
- Eight-time Olympic medalist Usain Bolt revealed that pumpkins and yams were two of his favourite pre-workout foods.
- ALSO READ: From the track to the studio: Usain Bolt’s music dream [watch] USAIN BOLT’S WORKOUT DIET After a lightning career in athletics, Usain Bolt hung up his spikes in 2017. A hamstring injury from 2014 contributed to his retirement, but Bolt finished his career strong with three Gold medals at the 2016 Olympics.
- EASY ON THE CARBS, WARNS BOLT The Olympic record-holder also revealed that carbohydrates were an important source of energy before his high-intensity workout.
- ” ALSO READ: Rooney dribbles football, family and mental health in doccie [watch] BOLT THE MUSICIAN Usain Bolt released his debut album with producer NJ titled Country Yutes on Friday 3 September.