Sumary of Quebec City gym linked to more than 400 cases of COVID-19, health authorities say:
- A gym in Quebec City has now been linked to 419 cases of COVID-19 after staff and clients got infected and unknowingly carried the virus to grocery stores, homes, and workplaces, the regional health authority said Wednesday..
- A spokesman for the CIUSSS de la Capitale-Nationale said that as of Wednesday morning, 195 clients and staff of the Mega Fitness Gym, which authorities shut down last week, have tested positive for the virus..
- Another of the gym clients said he caught COVID-19 after working out there, even though he wore his mask the whole time and kept his distance from others..
- 2:06 Montreal gym owner, goers frustrated with COVID-related closures Montreal gym owner, goers frustrated with COVID-related closures While there were signs outlining the rules as well as Plexiglas barriers and hand sanitizer, Lelièvre said in a phone interview that there were hardly any employees on the floor to enforce the rules..
- Gyms closing, school rules change again as Quebec tightens COVID-19 restrictions in certain zones But that hasn’t stopped accusations from people such as Quebec City Mayor Régis Labeaume, who has described him as “irresponsible”…