Sumary of ‘Reached capacity’: Sydney beaches packed:
- An eastern suburbs council has restricted access to two beaches as warm weather drives Sydneysiders to the water.
- Two beaches in Sydney’s eastern suburbs have been closed off as revellers flock to the sand to soak up the warm weather.
- “Please remember to wear a mask when outside in public and not exercising,” the council urged in the Facebook post.
- Woollahra Council also looks after beaches including Double Bay, Seven Shillings, Lady Martins, Rose Bay, Parsley Bay, Kutti, Gibsons Watsons Bay Baths and Camp Cove.
- Randwick City Council has not closed any beaches but took to Facebook to remind local residents: “Some of our beaches are getting a little busy.
- When asked about the crowds at the beaches in Sydney, NSW Premier Gladys Berejiklian urged residents to maintain social distancing.
- ” She said the state’s vaccinated residents should look forward to enjoying the weather in October.