Sumary of Singapore to start easing Covid restrictions as daily infections fall:
- SINGAPORE — Singapore’s government on Thursday said it will start easing Covid-related restrictions as the number of daily infections has declined..
- The Southeast Asian country last month tightened social-distancing measures to curb a rise in local Covid-19 infections..
- Those measures, which include no dining-in at food and beverage outlets and smaller social gatherings, were in place since mid-May..
- Starting Monday, Singapore will allow social gatherings of five people — an increase from the current two-person limit..
- Activities such as dining-in, as well as some mask-off activities at gyms and fitness studios, will be allowed to resume with some social-distancing measures in place..
- Overall, the country has reported more than 62,000 cases since early last year with 34 deaths as of Wednesday, health ministry data showed….