Sumary of Spain clarifies rules on masks for exercise and beaches amid outcry:
- Spanish health authorities have attempted to clarify the rules governing the use of facemasks amid growing confusion, dismay and worries about whether they need to be worn on beaches..
- “When it comes to beaches, rivers, or similar surroundings, the previously mentioned periods can apply only when a person remains in a specific place and respects a minimum distance of 1.5 metres from non-household members..
- In the case of covered swimming pools or those resting aboard boats, the rest period will apply strictly to the time needs for intervals between activity.”.
- The text, agreed by the committee that brings together central and regional health authorities, said masks would need to be worn by those walking to rivers, lakes and beaches and in the changing rooms of public or communal swimming pools..
- The health ministry had previously announced that mask-wearing would be compulsory at all times, even when people were alone outdoors and able to ensure a safe social distance of 1.5 metres from others….