Sumary of Sun City becomes first hospitality and tourism industry vaccination site in SA:
- South Africa’s first tourism and hospitality industry COVID-19 workplace vaccination site will open at Sun City Resort’s Convention Centre, where the resort aims to vaccinate 7 500 people in three phases.
- Sun City’s vaccination site “We will start with Sun City staff, service providers and concessionaires, before offering the vaccine to their family members, and finally, to all those working at hospitality establishments in the Moses Kotane District,” said Sun City General Manager Brett Hoppe.
- The resort also announced that the vaccination drive will include an outreach programme to target other locals from the surrounding area, “We obviously want to protect our staff, but it is equally important to us to ensure that people living in our local communities are looked after and are safe.
- Image: Supplied Collecting data Hoppe said Sun City was in the process of collecting data on the 35 to 49-year age group, who would be allowed to receive the vaccine after July 15. Those with medical aid would have the cost of the vaccine deducted from their available funds, while the Department of Health will cover the cost of non-members.
- The Department of Health has inspected the Sun City vaccination site and given approval for the site to operate until December, but the resort aims to complete the programme within two months.
- Sun City is used to hosting events of the size and magnitude of the Nedbank Golf Challenge, so we are confident that the preparations for our vaccination site will be seamless.