Sumary of The #1 Best Exercise for Relieving Back Pain, Trainer Says:
- And while there are many different causes of lower back pain, the most common one I see among my clients is due to the fact that they have tight hip flexors combined with a weak core and glutes.
- (This may sound counter-intuitive, but some muscles get tight because other areas are weak, and for the body to protect itself, it will stiffen up as a safety mechanism.
- An exercise that has helped my clients achieve this is the banded bodyweight hip thrust.
- Keeping your core tight and chin tucked, push through your heels and extend your hips up toward the ceiling while pushing your knees out.
- Now, here are a few reasons why the banded hip thrust is great for lower back pain… Related: Sign up for our newsletter for the latest health and fitness news!
- ShutterstockBecause the banded bodyweight hip thrust involves hip extension, it will work your glutes directly.
- For this reason, it’s great to add the banded bodyweight hip thrust into your workout routine.