Sumary of These Are the Workouts You Should Never Do Alone, Say Experts:
- “You’re always going to get a more effective workout if you have someone [professional] doing them with you,” says Erica Ziel, a certified personal trainer and Pilates instructor.
- “If you’re heavy lifting free weights or using the bar rack, you need a spotter,” says Ziel.
- Otherwise, you’re risking injury and even death, especially if you’re bench pressing super heavy barbells.
- If you don’t have a gym buddy and still want to strength train, opt for body weight or lighter hand weights instead.
- For more intel on lifting, check out New Study Reveals the Side Effect of Lifting Weights Just 2 Times Per Week.
- ShutterstockWhile Ziel is a big fan of at-home Pilates mat workouts, she’s not super into the idea of people using Pilates machines without any supervision.
- “Unless you’re a really experienced Pilates student… someone can really hurt themselves on a Reformer if they don’t have the education or the experience,” she says.