Sumary of Wales to allow two households to meet indoors earlier than planned:
- Two households will be able to meet indoors a week earlier than previously planned, as the Welsh government brings forward the easing of some coronavirus restrictions..
- The reopening of gyms, leisure centres, and outdoor organised activities will also be brought forward amid a drop in new Covid-19 infections..
- in the public health situation and the vaccination programme meant changes could be made to previously announced plans..
- The Welsh government said on Thursday that coronavirus cases in Wales had dropped from 37 to fewer than 21 per 100,000 this week, while the number of people with Covid-19 in hospital beds was 89 – the lowest figure since 22 September..
- Under the changes to the timetable organised outdoor activities for up to 30 people will be able to tale place from 26 April instead of 3 May..
- Wedding receptions for up to 30 people will also be permitted outdoors from 26 April – again a week earlier than previously announced..
- The reopening of gyms, leisure centres and fitness facilities will now be allowed from 3 May, brought forward a week from 10 May..
- “The public health situation in Wales continues to improve thanks to everything you are doing to help us control this awful virus..
- “Cases of the virus are falling and our incredible vaccination programme continues to go from strength to strength….