Sumary of What a Body Positivity Expert Wants You to Know About Adele’s 100-Plus-Pound Weight Loss:
- But none of these achievements has garnered the singer quite as much attention as her recent weight loss — and she wants people to know she’s not okay with that.
- In May 2020, the “Rolling in the Deep” singer posted a photo to her Instagram account that revealed a much slimmer physique, and unleashed an onslaught of headlines celebrating her visible weight loss — something she had never spoken about publicly.
- It wasn’t until her November 2021 interview with British Vogue that Adele opened up about her weight loss, and the public’s reaction to it, for the first time.
- It turns out that Adele’s silence on the subject of her weight was entirely intentional.
- “My body’s been objectified my entire career,” she said in the British Vogue article.
- ”RELATED: Why Fitness Is Way More Than Hitting the GymNow that she is finally breaking her silence about her weight loss journey, Adele is taking a nontraditional approach by challenging the public reaction to her changing body rather than celebrating her newfound slimness.
- “I did it for myself and not anyone else,” Adele told British Vogue.
- ”Frankly, that’s a healthy choice for her, and pretty refreshing for the rest of us, too, says Paula Atkinson, LICSW, a psychotherapist who specializes in eating disorders.