Sumary of With half of Australia locked down, Bondi has become public enemy No 1 | Brigid Delaney:
- In response he fired off a string of messages, mostly in CAPS that this was the fault of Bondi people.
- HONESTLY BRIDGE IT IS YOUR BONDI BRIGADE WHO DIDN’T TAKE IT SERIOUSLY A MONTH AGO … BEACHES CAFES EXERCISE … BONDI JUNCTION AND SURROUNDS everyone just partied and stuff.
- ”Bondi’s been many things to many people over the years – icon, a trashbag, soul defibrillator, gorgeous, gross – but currently it’s in danger of being the most hated place in Australia.
- The story of why the rest of Australia hates Bondi has to do with Covid, money and optics.
- It’s not just the cluster – people are regularly filmed on the beach and promenade taking exercise, with the footage then being distributed widely as evidence of the residents’ arrogance.
- In the last week, after a clip posted on Twitter of exercisers on the promenade going viral, Bondi has become synonymous with selfishness and privilege.
- The Daily Telegraph quoted police minister David Elliott as saying it seemed Bondi beachgoers “are living on another planet.
- ” In the Australian newspaper, the headline was “Bondi in lockdown … but you wouldn’t know it.