Sumary of 5 reasons why your period seems oddly light, plus when to check in with your doctor:
- It’s common to experience occasional changes in menstrual flow, from heavier to lighter than usual.
- Birth control, thyroid disorders, and stress can lead to a lighter period, or even a missed period.
- 2. Hormonal birth control Lighter periods are one of the perks of hormonal birth control.
- “Many hormonal methods of birth control can result in light menses.
- For example, the hormonal types of IUDs can often lead to irregular bleeding for 3-6 months followed by a very light, but monthly, regular flow.