Sumary of A moment that changed me: meeting the rescue dog who comforted me through unfathomable loss | Shirley Manson:
- One evening, my husband slyly showed me a picture online of an irresistibly cute litter of terrier puppies that were up for adoption at a local pet store.
- Photograph: Courtesy of Shirley MansonBy the time we arrived at the PetSmart Charities adoption centre, the puppy that had most caught my eye had been rehomed, but there were three others squirming and squealing in a nearby pen.
- The lady in charge of adoption quickly asked if we might be interested in an “older” dog as the mother of the pups was also up for adoption.
- ” asked my mother, her cornflower blue eyes drilling into me with alarm and confusion.
- Around that time, I was filming a sci-fi television show in which I played an almighty and powerful Terminator who experienced no human emotions.