Sumary of AHA News: 12-Year-Old Calls 911 During Dad’s Heart Attack:
- 10, 2021 (American Heart Association News) — On a frigid morning this February, 44-year-old Renick Blosser set out on his typical Saturday routine.
- “You know, we’ve heard it multiple times, panic and anxiety attacks sometimes feel like a heart attack,” she texted back.
- Normally, they would be away on Saturday mornings playing sports or visiting their grandmother.
- The dispatcher explained that he probably wasn’t having a heart attack.
- Minutes later, when paramedics arrived, they also questioned whether he was experiencing a heart attack.
- “This is a heart attack,” he recalled pleading with tears in his eyes.
- An immediate coronary angioplasty to restore blood flow in his heart was necessary to save his life.
- He had spent weeks searching for the perfect gift for the shark-obsessed teen.