Sumary of Anxious about the easing of Covid restrictions? Here are 7 tips to help deal with it:
- TOLGA AKMEN | AFP | Getty ImagesLONDON — Covid rules have been eased in many places across the world, including in England and parts of the U.S., with rules on mask wearing, social distancing and the number of people who can meet both indoors and outdoors being relaxed.
- Almost all restrictions were lifted in England on Monday, which was dubbed “Freedom Day” (although it had been delayed for a month due to rising Covid cases as a result of the delta variant).
- Meanwhile, in the U.S., the CDC eased its Covid guidelines on masks for fully vaccinated people on May 13, saying they didn’t need to use them or stay 6 feet apart, “except where required by federal, state, local, tribal, or territorial laws, rules, and regulations, including local business and workplace guidance.
- ” Tim Spector is a professor of genetic epidemiology at King’s College London who runs the Zoe Covid Symptom study, an ongoing U.K.-based study which enables the public to enter their Covid symptoms on an app when enables scientists to then analyze the data.
- “This is particularly true of the choice to wear face masks, Spector noted, with the issue become something of a battleground in the U.K. and the U.S.”With limited guidance from the government on where and when we should be wearing face covering, respect people’s choices.
- British Prime Minister Boris Johnson has called on people to use common sense and courtesy when it comes to masks, advising the wearing of them in crowded spaces.
- 2) Socialize OutsideSocializing outdoors remains one of the best ways to reduce transmission of Covid-19, experts note, and is much easier now the summer has arrived.
- 4) Keep practicing good hygieneKeeping basic, good hygiene has been one of main recommendations to the public throughout the Covid pandemic.