Sumary of Cafe sued after woman ‘slips on hot chip’:
- Roxanne Britton claims she skidded on the errant chip at Zouki Cafe in Clayton on January 30, 2015, according to a statement of claim lodged in the Victorian County Court..
- The 59-year-old says she suffered a lower back injury from the fall, including two prolapsed discs, and pain in her leg, foot and knee..
- Ms Britton also suffered depression and anxiety and surgical scarring as a result of the incident, the claim says..
- The claim has been lodged by WorkSafe, which has paid compensation to the woman and is seeking recovery of the funds – $141,000 – from the party it alleges is responsible for the injury..
- It alleged the The Flinders Group, which manages the Monash Medical Centre cafe, failed to have an adequate system in place to keep the cafe floor clean, in turn creating a slipping hazard..
- Court documents lodged by the Victorian WorkCover Authority allege Ms Britton suffered serious injuries and pain, including financial losses..
- The former finance credit officer future work capacity has been severely restricted as a result of her fall, the claim alleges..
- Ms Britton was forced to cut her work hours because of her injuries and had to stop work completely in December 2016…