Sumary of Cancer symptoms: The early signs of lung cancer you need to know:
- The fact that early lung cancer symptoms are difficult to detect means that by the time most people are diagnosed, the tumour has already spread to other organs.
- Lung cancer can start developing in the windpipe, the main airway or the lungs.
- More than eight out of 10 cases of lung cancer in the UK are caused by smoking.
- Persistent coughWhile lung cancer is not the most common cause of a chronic cough, it is a possibility.
- About half of people diagnosed with lung cancer have a persistent cough.
- A cough associated with a cold of a respiratory infection will go away in a week or so, but a persistent cough that lingers can be a symptom of lung cancer.
- DON’T MISSChest painLung cancer may produce pain in the chest, shoulders, or back.
- Shortness of breathA distressing symptom of lung cancer is shortness of breath, also called dyspnea, which causes difficulty catching breath or a feeling of tightness in the chest.