Sumary of Covid-19 NSW: State records 1405 coronavirus cases, five deaths:
- Ellen RansleyNCA NewsWireCamera IconNot Supplied Credit: News Corp AustraliaShare to FacebookShare to TwitterEmail UsCopy the LinkNSW has recorded 1405 new locally acquired Covid-19 cases, as the state outlined an easing of restrictions for fully vaccinated residents.
- NCA NewsWire / Christian Gilles Credit: News Corp AustraliaChief health officer Kerry Chant said authorities continued to be concerned about Cumberland, Canterbury-Bankstown and Liverpool local government areas.
- “A callout to the communities in those areas – you may not have perceived yourself at risk, but please get tested if you have the most minimal of symptoms,” Dr Chant said.
- NCA NewsWire / Jeremy Piper Credit: News Corp AustraliaMs Berejiklian said the reopening was expected to result in an increase in case numbers, but as long as those numbers were vaccinated residents, it wouldn’t cause too much stress on the healthcare system.
- “ … If it’s in the unvaccinated population, that’s when NSW Health will give us advice to ease back and perhaps require people to go out, eat out locally as opposed to having the freedom to move around the state.
- ”Dr Chant said at “a certain point”, case numbers would decline.