Sumary of Eating junk food and skipping breakfast can lead to mental distress in women: Study:
- Women mental health likely has a higher association with dietary factors than men , according to new research from Binghamton University, State University of New York..
- Here what the study has to say Lina Begdache, assistant professor of health and wellness studies at Binghamton University, had previously published research on diet and mood that suggests that a high-quality diet improves mental health..
- Patrissy, Begdache dissected the different food groups that are associated with mental distress in men and women ages 30 years and older, as well as studied the different dietary patterns in relation to exercise frequency and mental distress..
- Shutterstock The results suggest that women mental health has a higher association with dietary factors than that of men..
- Mental distress and exercise frequency were associated with different dietary and lifestyle patterns, which support the concept of customising diet and lifestyle factors to improve mental wellbeing..
- “We found a general relationship between eating healthy, following healthy dietary practices, exercise and mental well-being,”.
- Begdache added, “Interestingly, we found that for unhealthy dietary patterns, the level of mental distress was higher in women than in men, which confirmed that women are more susceptible to unhealthy eating than men.”.
- Based on this study and others, diet and exercise may be the first line of defense against mental distress in mature women, said Begdache….