Sumary of Here’s What the Pandemic Taught Me About My Bipolar Disorder:
- I took a month off from work over Christmas, I went back on my bipolar medication, and I started seeing my therapist multiple times each week..
- The stigma tied to mental health combined with the lack of affordable care creates an environment where people may really struggle..
- I spend a few minutes at the end of each week reflecting on how that went and if I can identify areas where my stress spiked and what I can do differently..
- It brings me so much joy to spend time finding ways to leverage art in activism to bring about positive social changes..
- I’ve learned that with the appropriate treatment—which for me is a combination of medication, therapy, an adequate and transparent support system, and understanding my triggers and stressors—I am able to create an environment that allows me to thrive…