Sumary of NBA, NBAPA Being Proactive About Mental Health, Especially With The Covid-19 Pandemic:
- ” Similarly, if you want to excel at life, why would you wait for a crisis to happen before talking about and addressing mental health?
- Talking about mental health used to be like talking about Fight Club.
- In the past, many people seemed to treat mental health more like a toilet plunger.
- They’ve been trying to emphasize the need to discuss mental health and wellness well before any issues and crises emerge.
- “Professional athletes are known for the extraordinary things that they do on the court,” NBA Mind Health Director Kensa Gunter, PsyD, CC-AASP explained.
- ” Mental health and wellness weren’t the only topics covered by the RTP.
- The formal programming also included a question and answer session with NBA Commissioner Adam Silver, advice panels with NBA players, and a discussion with Houston Rockets coach Stephen Silas as well as discussions on financial management, financial benefits, career development, the safety of players and their families, and social justice.
- Nevertheless, Days 2 and 3 of the week covered mental well-being and healthy relationships.