Sumary of Stress aside, these 3 emotions can impact your gut health:
- Read to know what emotions can take a toll on your digestive health.
- Similarly, if you feel bloated or gassy, and have been running to the bathroom more than usual, of course it’s time to check your gut health, but also your stress levels!
- Stress can affect your gut health Stress can affect every part of your digestive system and can cause a range of digestive problems that include indigestion, nausea, heartburn, and irritable bowel syndrome.
- Image courtesy: Shutterstock To learn more about it, HealthShots got in touch with Dr Roy Patankar, Director and Gastroenterologist, Zen Multispeciality Hospital.
- Your gut and brain are also linked via chemicals called neurotransmitters.
- ” “The gut microbes tend to produce a neurotransmitter called gamma-aminobutyric acid (GABA), which controls feelings of fear and anxiety.
- Physical reactions to many mental health issues are natural.
- Here are some emotions which hamper your stomach health, according to Dr Patankar: 1. Anxiety The feeling of anxiety is one of the most common emotions that can cause stomach issues.