Sumary of The feeling that could ‘double’ your risk of death within the next three years – study:
- The study looked at a sample of 2,906 participants aged 60 or older, who partook in the Long Life Family Study.
- Activities included a 30-minute walk, light housework and heavy gardening.
- After adjusting for all underlying factors influential on mortality, the researchers found participants who perceived activities as more tiring to be at a greater risk of premature death.
- These risk factors include depression, pre-existing or underlying terminal illness, as well as age and gender.
- Our study is the first to link more severe physical fatigability to an earlier death.