Sumary of ‘Baby brain’ is real and could have long-term impacts. Should parents be worried?:
- When Toronto-based mom Diel Gerber was first pregnant, she thought ‘baby brain’ was just thing parents say, an excuse for their forgetfulness.
- Photo supplied Dubbed ‘pregnancy brain’ ‘baby brain’ or ‘mom brain,’ it’s a frustrating side-effect of having a child for many parents.
- ‘BABY BRAIN’ IS REAL “It’s definitely a real thing,” said Jennifer Brooks, an associate professor of epidemiology at the Dalla Lana School of Public Health at the University of Toronto, speaking about baby brain.
- ” EFFECTS OF ‘BABY BRAIN’ While it may be scary for moms to read about a loss of cognition, Galea said it’s not as worrisome as it may seem.
- ” Trending Stories Canadian travellers frustrated as U.S. cruise lines won’t recognize mixing-and-matching COVID-19 vaccines B.
- ”Mittal said the severity of ‘baby brain’ could also be related to factors such as sleep deprivation due to a newborn, stress or postpartum depression.
- Some experts have also theorized the possibility, for some, baby brain may instead manifests as late-diagnosed attention deficit hyperactivity disorder, or ADHD.
- Story continues below Symptoms can include lack of attention, lack of concentration, disorganization, difficulty completing tasks, being forgetful, and losing things.