Sumary of COVID-19: Alberta records 10 more deaths as hospitalizations, ICU admissions keep rising:
- Ten more people in Alberta have died of COVID-19 , according to provincial health authorities who also reported Friday that 1,473 new cases of the disease had been identified.
- As of Friday afternoon, Alberta Health said 686 people were in hospital because of COVID-19 with 169 of those in ICUs.
- The number of COVID-19 hospitalizations rose by seven over the previous 24 hours while coronavirus-related ICU admissions jumped by 15 in the same time frame.
- Edmonton amends COVID-19 mask bylaw to clarify rules for performances, worship settings Alberta Health told Global News that as of Thursday, 1.8 per cent of COVID-19 hospitalizations involved people under 18 years of age.
- Story continues below Alberta Health Services has said its baseline ICU capacity is 173 beds.
- Hinshaw says ‘the move to endemic was too early’ As of Thursday afternoon, ICU capacity across Alberta was at 87 per cent.
- ”Of the COVID-19 deaths announced on Friday, Alberta Health said four were from the Calgary zone: a man in his 60s with pre-existing conditions, a woman in her 90s with pre-existing conditions, and two men in their 90s with pre-existing conditions.
- Unvaccinated pregnant Alberta woman dies from COVID-related infection Two of the fatalities were in the Edmonton zone: a woman in her 80s with pre-existing conditions and a man in his 90s with pre-existing conditions.