Sumary of ‘I was daunted!’ Ben Mee opens up on his experience of the premature birth of his daughter:
- Little Olive was born weighing just 1lb 2oz in May 2020 after his wife Sarah went into labour at around 24 weeks.
- “Sarah got so emotional she collapsed, which was tough because I wanted to look after her as well as Olive.
- “Olive needed blood transfusions and a ventilator to breathe and spent almost two months receiving specialist care at Saint Mary’s Hospital in Manchester.
- She was then transferred to their local hospital in Wythenshawe for three months before the couple were finally able to bring her home to meet brother Jaxon, three.
- Earlier this year, Ben and Sarah received the good news that she no longer needed to use oxygen tubes.