Sumary of Kwarteng apologises to standards commissioner for suggesting she should resign – as it happened:
- Prof Chris Whitty, the government’s chief medical adviser, said it was particularly important for pregnant women to get vaccinated.
- ) Boris Johnson making his Cop26 statement to MPs Photograph: Jessica Parker/Parliament Kwasi Kwarteng, the business secretary, has apologised to Kathryn Stone, the parliamentary commissioner for standards, for suggesting in an interview she should resign.
- He also suggests his comment may have broken the ministerial code.
- Jakub Krupa (@JakubKrupa) BEIS Secretary Kwasi Kwarteng apologizes to the Parliamentary Commissioner for Standards for his media comments about her, and says he ‘should have chosen .
- com/giarWaIdOA November 15, 2021 In the Commons Jeremy Corbyn, the former Labour leader, asked Boris Johnson earlier what he would do to convince China, Russia and Australia to end their coal production.
- Stormont’s health minister has called for the phased introduction of mandatory vaccine passports in Northern Ireland, PA Media reports.
- Boris Johnson has pledged to “stand behind” Jersey if the French return to threats to impede British and Channel Island fishers in the wake of the wider row between the EU and the UK over Brexit.
- The prime minister met the Jersey chief minister John Le Fondré and the island’s external affairs minister Ian Gorst earlier today.