Sumary of Liverpool hospital birthing unit doctor urges vaccines for pregnant women:
- Dr Gau Bhagwanani, the birthing unit director at Liverpool Hospital, said she had personally seen the grim implications of mothers-to-be contracting Covid-19.NSW recorded 1259 new local cases on Wednesday.
- “I’m an obstetrician and I’ve been caring for pregnant women throughout this pandemic, including women who have been very unwell from the COVID-19 infection,” Dr Bhagwanani said.
- ”Dr Bhagwanani said it had been traumatic for mothers to be separated from their newborn babies and family members after birth, because they had the virus.
- Camera IconDr Gau Bhagwanani is the birthing unit director at Liverpool hospital.
- Credit: NCA NewsWire“Other members of your family, including the support person who is coming with you at the time of delivery, need to be vaccinated in order to protect you and your baby,” she said.
- ”Dr Bhagwanani said it was the virus, not the vaccine, that posed the biggest risk.
- ”Camera IconLiverpool Hospital is one of the Covid referral centres in southwest Sydney.
- NCA NewsWire/Jeremy Piper Credit: News Corp AustraliaThe birthing unit manager also provided peace of mind for pregnant women who may have anxieties about vaccines.