Sumary of Ontario nurse with COVID-19 meets newborn son one week after birth:
- It was a meeting one whole week in the making for Hamilton nurse Natalia Worek who had contracted COVID-19 while pregnant..
- Joseph Healthcare Hamilton captured the moment Worek was finally able to hold her newborn son, Praise, born at around 4 and a half pounds and several weeks premature..
- The mother and baby were kept apart while Worek recovered after falling severely ill with COVID-19 in her third trimester..
- Worek was able to work from home, but a family member tested positive for COVID-19 and it is believed that is how she contracted the virus..
- Worek mother-in-law and father-in-law, the eldest in the multi-generational home, were the only ones who did not get COVID-19..
- An otherwise very health woman developing COVID, becoming severely ill, requiring ICU stay and requiring delivery in the preterm period between 34 and 36 weeks,”.
- ‘Complicated pregnancy scenarios’ a reality at Toronto Sinai Health amid COVID-19 3rd wave Praise was born with respiratory issues but he did not test positive for COVID-19 and the doctors and nurses took good care of him…