Sumary of Surgeon general: US to ‘monitor’ whether vaccine exemptions being used properly:
- U.S. Surgeon General Dr. Vivek Murthy has advised that the Biden administration will “monitor” to ensure no one abuses COVID-19 vaccine exemptions.
- Some critics argue that the exemptions allow for simple abuse, but Murthy insists the administration will ensure that does not happen.
- “Unfortunately, as a country, we have experience in dealing with exemptions, but we’ve got to be vigilant there and make sure that people are using them, you know, in the spirit that they’re intended and not abusing them or asking for exemptions when they don’t apply,” Murthy told CNN’s “State of the Union.
- ” Surgeon General Vivek Murthy delivers remarks during a news conference with White House Press Secretary Jen Psaki at the White House in Washington, July 15, 2021. REUTERS/Tom Brenner (REUTERS/Tom Brenner)Texas Gov.
- “Murthy said that he does “respect” that people “have a variety of opinions” on some measures, including the vaccine mandate, that the government has enacted to try and fight the virus, but he insists that businesses have “welcomed” those measures.
- NY HOSPITAL PUTS BABY DELIVERIES ON HOLD AS MATERNITY WORKERS QUIT OVER COVID-19 VACCINE MANDATE”A lot of businesses are actually relieved that these are going into place,” Murthy argued.