Sumary of Victorian doctor’s chilling Covid warning for pregnant women:
- Emily Cosenza and Steve ZemekNCA NewsWireCamera IconVictoria recorded 450 new locally acuired Covid-19 cases on Satrday.
- NCA NewsWire / Daniel Pockett Credit: News Corp AustraliaShare to FacebookShare to TwitterEmail UsCopy the LinkA Melbourne doctor has delivered a chilling warning to women about the effects of coronavirus during pregnancy as the state recorded 450 new infections.
- Victorian numbers continue to climb as the government on Saturday announced new rules which will allow pregnant women to receive priority vaccination access.
- They will be given priority access in line with healthcare and aged care workers.
- Camera IconVictorian Health Minister Martin Foley announced a new scheme which will allow pregnant women priority access to Covid vaccinations.
- Credit: News Corp AustraliaDr Hodges said that the Pfizer vaccine was completely safe for pregnant women and did not lead to increased risks of miscarriage or other health problems in their unborn child.
- Health Minister Martin Foley emphasised that there was no plan to reintroduce lockdown measures in regional Victoria.
- Health Minister Martin Foley said most of the cases have been linked to transmission in metropolitan Melbourne.