Sumary of Woman traumatised due to ‘cruel’ Covid rule:
- The measures are in place to protect healthcare workers from the risk of being infected with Covid-19 but even Health Minister Brad Hazzard questions whether they are a step too far.
- So bad is the situation that some women are “afraid to fall pregnant … due to the restrictions hospitals are placing on labouring women”.
- ”Things got worse for Katherine from there when, a day later, she received a notification from NSW Health that she was considered a “close contact” of an infected case because she visited an Ikea store.
- “I reached out to NSW Health to seek an exemption on compassionate grounds, and, to their credit, they worked tirelessly to get me off that close contact list.
- “Within a few days I finally received word that after reviewing my case, which included three negative Covid tests and receipts from Ikea showing time stamps of a person working in Click and Collect, NSW Health no longer considered me to be a close contact.
- Other women are sharing their stories via a petition at change.
- Petition author Sarah Fowler wants the hashtag #endbirthrestrictions to gain traction and for the situation to be corrected immediately.
- ”The Health Minister said last week that he was in discussion with health officials but they were holding firm to their decision.